Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hiding scissors doesn't work!





A couple weeks ago I was spending a little ME time on the computer thinking that McKenlee was just hanging out watching a movie while Corb and Hunter were working on a service project. We have a little Hair cutting issue in our home with McKenlee. I have hid all the scissor I can find on the very top shelf of one of our Kitchen Cabinets and if the kids need them, they have to ask for them and then they go right back up. We purchased some Otter Pops and instead of them asking me 20 times a day for the scissors. I left the most dullest pair of children scissor I could find out for them to use! (I mean these things I couldn't even cut paper with they were so "child proof"!) And here is the results of that little decision I decided would be okay for a couple of days until the otter pops were gone!

Like the mullet! I tried to just comb it and put cute flowers in it, but it wasn't going to work! So the next day I took her to the Hair Salon kicking and screaming because Corbin told her we were going to have to cut her hair like a boy! The whole time Emily our friend/hair stylist was cutting it Kenlee just sat there with a pout on her face. When Emily was finished she asked Kenleee if she liked it and Kenlee simply said "NO". At first I cried! I was trying to be strong so she knew I meant business so I was hiding the tears! To be quite honest all I could think was the old movie Parent Trap.





The next couple of days when she was running in and out of the house I would ask myself "who was that?" But about the 3rd & 4th day I began to love it! I finally learned how to style it and bought some new cute headbands and flowers. Now everywhere we go people tell her how cute it is and she eats it up. In the beginning I would tell the story to everyone who would comment now I just say "THANKS" and take the credit. McKenlee is like a mini Corbin. She is so sweet,caring and loves to have fun. She makes our life very eventful. Her new hairstyle really fits her life loving attitude.

































































1 comment:

  1. So funny!! She's adorable no matter what, but I tell ya...kids! Ha!

    ReplyDelete